Daily Reading Comprehension, Grade 5
Ej i detta bibliotek
Help your fifth grade students learn how to understand, respond to, and enjoy what they read!
Daily Reading Comprehension presents students with direct instruction and practice of the comprehension strategies and skills they need to become strong and successful readers. 150 original fiction and nonfiction passages with comprehension items help you engage students in reading, thinking about, and responding to a variety of texts. Reproducible pages, included in the teacher’s edition, provide visual tools for students to help them apply reading skills to the passages they read. And because activities are presented in an exam format, students practice important test-taking skills while they strengthen comprehension.
What’s new in the revised edition?
• Visual aid comprehension pages
• Constructed response questions. Standards-aligned questions replace multiple choice questions.
30 weeks of instruction cover the following reading skills and strategies:
• Character and Setting
• Main Idea and Details
• Fact and Opinion
• Visual Information
• Author’s Purpose
• Make Predictions
• Draw Conclusions
• Cause and Effect
• Compare and Contrast
• Nonfiction Text Features
• Monitor Comprehension
• Make Connections
• Determine Important Information
• Ask Questions
You’ll love Daily Reading Comprehension because it…
• provides students with direct instruction and practice of reading skills and strategies.
• supports struggling and reluctant readers.
• integrates easily into any language program and any classroom.
• works great for test-prep.
• is correlated to current standards.
Engage your students in reading, thinking about, and responding to a variety of passages and texts with Daily Reading Comprehension!